Rum Health - Rum Nutrition
Rum Health – Rum Nutrition
Rum comes in many different flavors, makes, brands, and is distilled from sugar. However, most folks think that alcohol has no nutritional purpose. Is rum good for you in moderation? The answer is most certainly yes. Different rums contain different amounts of calories, however when consumed it can have health benefits and be a healthy form to relieve stress, lower blood pressure, and as a sleep aid.
Rum contains about 64-74 calories per measured shot glass or jig. It contains no fat, cholesterol, or sodium. However, if you like to indulge in fruity cocktails it can turn into calories that will cause weight gain, water retention, and adverse affects of dehydration. Drinking rum in moderation and avoid sweet cocktails. Make sure you keep track of your daily intake of liquor as it can cause adverse health problems.
Email us your Healthy Tips About Rum email@example.com
How is Rum proof calculated?
When you are speaking about pure alcohol versus alcohol distilled and purified with water, the ratio of alcohol is decreased. Rum was originated in Britain, and the United States calculates proof of rum differently than Britain. The United States calculates rum proof by doubling the alcohol content of the beverage. Britain follows a slightly different ratio by using the volume of alcohol and measuring into a more accurate percentage. For the majority of rum manufacturers, they use the amount of alcohol contained in the rum and then just double that for a % Alcohol by volume.
Health Benefits of rum nutrition when consumed in moderation:
- Overall prolonged length of life-span
- Reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke
- Reduces risk of death associated with major health impairments
- Decreases the risk of someone acquiring Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
- Lowers the chances of an individual developing diabetes.
- Rum can be used as an antiseptic when not other antibacterial agent is accessible.
- A serving of rum can reduce anxiety and be worthy of a good night's rest.
- Reduce the risk of cancer and increase longevity
What is drinking in moderation?
A healthy person who moderately consumes rum will consume about 1.5 ounces of liquor to acquire the advantages of drinking rum. Not enough to get you drunk, but enough to prolong your life and be used as a precautionary against health ailments and diseases.